Once he came up with my treatment plan over a couple of appointments he then shocked me further by actually asking how that sounded to me! I managed to go from utterly terrified and almost walking straight back out to perfectly happy and laughing by the end of it.
If you require a filling in your tooth, a cosmetic option would be to choose a white filling material that matches the shade of your surrounding natural teeth. You can also have any existing metallic fillings replaced with tooth-coloured or 'white' fillings. This will allow you to smile without a metallic glint in sight, giving your teeth a more natural appearance overall. Here is how white fillings work:
- This is a safe procedure that entails the removal of any decay from your tooth, and taking out the metal or amalgam fillings if you are having them replaced.
- The new filling is made from a very hard tooth-coloured substance and will withstand the forces in your mouth when you bite and chew over a long period of time.
- The restoration is completed in one visit and your fillings will not be visible when you smile.
- Natural-looking restoration.
- Improved cosmetic appearance of filled teeth while still being able to bite and chew as usual.
- Hard-wearing restorative solution.