Once he came up with my treatment plan over a couple of appointments he then shocked me further by actually asking how that sounded to me! I managed to go from utterly terrified and almost walking straight back out to perfectly happy and laughing by the end of it.
An effective long-term solution to straightening your teeth and correcting your bite is orthodontics. Orthodontics is a subspecialty area in dentistry that focuses on aligning and straightening teeth using wires and brackets, applying gentle pressure to the teeth to move them into a particular position. The discipline has advanced over decades and today treatment is a lot faster and more comfortable than it was in the past. Here is an overview of orthodontics:
- Patients who have problems with their bite and the way their top and bottom teeth line up against each other are good candidates for orthodontic treatment.
- Impressions, photos and x-rays are taken at the start of treatment to determine the course of action.
- Brackets are bonded to individual teeth and wires clip onto them that gently guide the teeth into position over time.
- Good oral hygiene habits are essential during treatment and regular visits are required for check-ups and adjustments.
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, as there are no gaps for plaque to build up in over time.
- Having an attractive smile will have a positive effect on your confidence.
- Orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
- Thanks to fixed permanent retention you can be assured that your teeth won't move after treatment is completed.
Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative...
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok™ clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
The Inman Aligner utilises a lingual coil spring that puts pressure at the back of the teeth that need repositioning and a bar that is placed across the front of the teeth reverses the same pressure. These components work together to "squeeze" teeth together by pushing and pulling them into alignment.
The Inman Aligner is designed to correct adult relapse and misaligned teeth. It is barely visible, apart from a single clear wire, and it is a removable orthodontic appliance, allowing the wearer to go brace-free for important occasions.